Business Process Outsourcing
Business process outsourcing, or BPO, is a business practice in which our organization BBS Corp hired to perform a process task that the hiring organization requires for its own business to operate successfully. Our BBS Organization engage in business process outsourcing for two main areas of work: back-office functions and front-office functions.
Types of BPO
Our BBS Corp, around the world provide BPO services to other organizations, BPO can be divided into different types based on the service provider’s location:
- Offshore outsourcing, or just offshoring, occurs when an organization contracts for services provided with a company in a foreign country.
- Onshore outsourcing, or domestic outsourcing, happens when an organization contracts for services provided by a company that operates in the same country as the hiring organization.
- Nearshore outsourcing when an organization contracts for services provided by companies based in neighboring countries.
Business process outsourcing is also sometimes categorized by the types of services being provided. The three prevalent categories are the following:
- Knowledge process outsourcing, or KPO, is when the outsource service provider is hired not only for its capacity to perform a particular business process or function, but also to provide expertise around it.
- Legal process outsourcing, or LPO, is a type of KPO that — as the name states — is specific to legal services, ranging from drafting legal documents and performing legal research to offering advice.
- Research process outsourcing, or RPO — another type of KPO — refers to research and analysis functions; biotech companies, investment firms and marketing agencies are among the types of organizations that would engage in RPO for services